Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Time for healing

I'm in week 3 of a 3 month healing for a fractured leg. It's going to be a long 3 months since I can't put any weight on the fractured leg. So I use a walker for short distances and basically hop on my left leg to make my way to the bathroom which blessedly is only about ten feet away.

I was in a bad car accident and got a Tibia plateau fracture of my right leg. The tibia literally broke off where it attaches to the bottom of the knee and got pretty smashed up. So it's now put together with metal plates and screws. The car is in bad shape, but like my leg, they say it's fixable. It will be ready in a couple more of weeks, but I will still have to wait to at least mid July before I can walk again. I'm glad we were both fixable. The paramedics didn't think the car was fixable, but the body shop and insurance company disagree. I'm happy that once I'm healed I won't have to go car shopping since my car is a 2013 model.

Needless to say I am not making any soap or doing much of anything physically creative these days. I am spending a lot of time watching soaping videos, catching up with computer work, learning how to use my new Samsung Galaxy x7 Edge cell phone which I really love.

The days go by fast with my 3 sessions of physical therapy exercises, body care, eating (wonderful friends are taking care of me and my furry kids Bonnie and Bodhi during this time), emails, paying bills, and naps which my body seems to need during this healing time.

That's it for now. I feel one of those naps coming on!




No comments:

Post a Comment