Thursday, January 8, 2015

Modified feathered mantra swirl soap

Welcome to my new blog! It's been a busy few months with family visits, the holidays and my new venture into soap making. Here's a sample of my latest soap. It's called a modified mantra feathered swirl.
These are unscented due to a mishap with the lavender essential oil that toppled over at the most inopportune time, without me realizing that it was spilled. When I saw the tiny empty mis en place glass bowl, I assumed I had already put it into the batch. It was only while I was doing the after soaping cleanup that I realized it had spilled. My kitchen granite counter top was smelling delicious for quite a while because it had seeped through the several layers of protective paper I place there before soaping.

These are now curing along with a couple of earlier soaps. Right now I'm waiting for 3 more soap orders to arrive so I can make more batches. The first one will be a repeat of this one, except this time it will have the lavender fragrance added. Lesson learned! This time the fragrance is going to be put in a heavier little cup with a wider base.

My plan is to have some soaps and maybe some balms and body creams as well, for sale on Etsy by late spring. After making, Cold Process soaps have to age 6-8 weeks or more.  I have so many ideas for color combinations and some amazing fragrance oils for various tastes - sweet, spicy, floral, woodsy, etc. Stay tuned!  

No comments:

Post a Comment